Monday, February 10, 2014

I Wonder...How do magnets work?

I wonder..what is magnetism?? 

We explored magnetism through rotating stations in the "Wonder Room." We looked at how magnets attract and repel, experimented with how many paperclips magnets could hold, which materials were attracted to magnets, and explored iron shavings. Check out the pictures and what the students learned below!








I learned other things can still attract that magnets can attract to metal, coins, or other pieces of metal. I also learned that a big magnet can attract smaller magnets. Something else I learned is that magnets can attract behind a piece of paper. I learned that plastic can surround the outside of metal but the metals can still attract. I learned about the north and south poles and how they attract and repel.
Matthew h.

2/10/14

magnetism  







I learned that if you put a conductor under a piece of paper that if the magnet is strong that the paper will move with the magnet.
-Ashton





"Look! The magnet sticks to my earring..I wonder what my earring is made of? I bet the magnet would stick to my braces too." -Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment