Thursday, November 12, 2015

Brattonsville Field Trip


WATCH OUT!


My silly girls :)


Salute!


Hiking the Nature Trail 


Learning about the Revolutionary War...should she be a Loyalist like her husband or a Patriot like her brother??


Wool is used to make clothing. 





Learning how to march with muskets 








Ready, Aim, FIRE!



What did Martha Bratton use to heal the wounded soliders??





Tomb of Martha Bratton 



The tomb of Watt, the slave, who warned the Brattons about the loyalists coming!


The Bratton Plantation House with my group of girls!


What a school house looked like in the 1700's 






The  Plantation Dining Room 


Ringing the bell 



Girls/Parents, Post a comment sharing what you learned on the field trip by next Tuesday for extra credit on the Slavery Test!

9 comments:

  1. Allie F. : I learned how to hold and march with a musket-gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissa did not know that cotton was softer than wool ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally Davis learned that cooking was done in another house behind the plantation house to protect the plantation house from catching fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noor Mourtada: I learned how to march with a musket-gun. I did it a few times at home with a broomstick. You have to keep your knees straight and it is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie M-- I learned how to March with a musket and how Mrs Bratton took care of wounded soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn- I learned how to march like a Patriot with a gun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hattie: I learned that they used linens to help heal scabs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Allie F, Chrissa, Ally D, Noor, Natalie, Autumn, and Hattie!! I am so proud of you and love to see how much you have learned!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baylee: I learned that Martha bratton used linen instead of wool or cotton so it wouldn't be itchey or stick to the scab.

    ReplyDelete